DRIVER EDUCATION PROGRAM
The Basic Driver’s Ed package offers 30 hours of classroom instruction and 6 hours of behind the wheel training. Classroom topics include basic driving techniques, defensive driving, rules of the road, alcohol and driving, various driving environments.
To pass the classroom part of the driver education course, the student must attend all 30 hours of class; participate in class activities and, score a minimum of 80 on each test/final exam.
- 30 Classroom Hours
- 6 hours of Behind the Wheel Training
DRIVER IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM (DIP)
You may be required to complete a Maryland defensive driving/driver improvement program (DIP) if you:
- Were ordered by your traffic court.
- Were ordered by the Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH).
- Have accumulated at least 5 points on your Maryland MVA driving record.
- Received a traffic conviction or probation before judgment (PBJ) while on your provisional driver’s license.